Top 5 Point Guard Right now! You really cannot go wrong with any of these guys, and the order is not set in stone. All have great arguments.
1) Chris Paul--If Westbrook played like him he would be on this list. Looks to make teammates better, but knows when to take over a game and get buckets.
2) Rajon Rondo-- One of the most improved players in NBA over the past few years. Can dominate a game and not score a bucket on you. Some of his stat lines this year have been insane. Aside from Paul/Nash, he is the best passer in NBA. Does it all.
3) Derrick Rose-- Hopefully Rose will get healthy and get back to his MVP play in the playoffs. Great scorer but knows when to pass. His scoring has dropped a bit but there is a reason for this. Has more help than in years past, and trusts his teammates more. His assist are up, and he has played like a pure point a lot this year.
4) Deron Williams-- Many forget how good this guy is. He plays for an AWFUL team and still got 21 and 9 this year. Next season expect a lot more talent around him, and expect him a lot higher on this list. The Nets have the power to kill careers, but D-Will looks like he will survive.
5) Tony Parker-- Most underrated player in NBA. Most important player on the league’s best team. Runs the offense to perfection, and can still take a game over. There is a reason he will finish top 5 in MVP voting.
6) Steve Nash-- Suns have nothing and yet Nash still does his thing. 10 assist per game, and if the NBA counted "Hockey assists" he would blow the league out. A true definition of a PURE point guard.
6b) Russell Westbrook-- I have him tied with Nash. A much better scorer and an above average defender, but needs to play like a PG more. Too often he turns into a SG. I often wonder if the Thunder would be better if a guy like Nash or Parker ran the show.
Top 5 to build around next 7-10 years.
1) Paul/ D-Will-- Can't go wrong with either going forward.
2) Rose-- I want to see what he does with more talent around him. I'm a bit scared that Bulls played so well with him out, but that’s only reason I put him behind Cp3 and D-Will.
4) Rondo-- Love him, but I think Kyrie will be a better overall player in 3 years.
5) Russell Westbrook-- With age and failure in post season, he will learn to pass more. Plus KD and Harden are only going to get better and they will demand ball more as time goes on, as they should.
6) John Wall-- Has to develop a Jumper and make better decisions but those will come with time. Wouldn’t hurt the Wiz to put more talent around him and surround him with better attitudes. Trading Nick Young was huge for him going forward. Now Jordan Crawford needs to stop slowing his progression.
Let the debate begin.